Friday, May 9, 2008

Bambi vs. Lizard















I am a savior to the animals. Or at least I try to be. Although I'm not "exactly" Catholic, my patron Saint is Saint Francis. He was a good friend to the animals and he liked to talk to worms. That makes him pretty cool in my book (yes, I have a book). St. Francis was always down with helping an animal in need. I look to his example and we even have a small sanctuary (on the grounds of our secret compound, deep in the hills of Southern Ohio) that we call St. Francis park. In the picture above, you can see a few of the many St. Francis statues in the background. One day last spring, I was sitting in St. Francis park meditating when I heard Bambi's desperate calls and rescued her from a savage pack of canines. These days I'm mostly dealing with cold blooded creatures. I've recently saved several friendly turtles (Box turtles and Painted turtles, typically. Snapping turtles are very grumpy and can be down-right mean) and a few snakes. I also rescue cats. I have way too many cats, but that's another story altogether.

2 comments:

The Invisible said...

What happened to Bambi's mother? Fire? Hunter? Disney?

captain lizardo said...

I'm betting that ol' Walt got to her. He's a gnarly coot and no-one is safe in these woods as long as he's around, that's for sure!